The replication work of Triangulum was based on three pillars:
•1. Demonstration projects in the three Lighthouse Cities helped to showcase how public and private partners can collaborate to create solutions that make cities better places to live.
•2. Triangulum assessed the demonstration projects to generate a robust evidence base describing their impacts and benefits.
•3. Triangulum developed a business model based upon the value of these benefits that enables their replication without public funding in the Follower Cities and beyond.
Main objectives of the Smart City Framework
• Streamline ICT integration of the three Lighthouse Cities to speed up planning and implementation.
• Design a replication framework and a decision- making tool for Smart City project development and implementation.
• Apply parts of this framework to accelerate the replication process in Follower Cities and beyond.
The replication process is structured in two ways:
• A customer centric approach supporting the Implementation Strategies of the Follower Cities.
• A technology transfer approach that allows replication by cities and other partners.
Aim of the ICT Reference Architecture
• Provide a unified view and understanding of I CT strategies
• Identify interfaces between I CT components
• Enable exchange and interoperability of components/solutions
• Enable the replication of Smart City concepts between cities
As a tool for replication, Triangulum has developed the „Smart City Decision Making Tool“. The aim of this tool is to foster replication of Triangulum Use Cases by enabling cities to find relevant examples from Triangulum that fit their needs.
• Description, location, time taken for planning and implementation, public participation model, business model details, stakeholders, etc.
• Additional insights gained from implementation like lessons learned and supporting factors
As an example, the replication of the Use Case Blink was a real success story for Triangulum. The local Stavanger partner Lyse AS invited interested stakeholders from the consortium to Stavanger to demonstrate how Blink works and to further underline its potential. There were talks between Lyse As and the different city representatives as well as several demonstrations of the tool. After this first meeting, the stakeholders agreed to test the solution in the Triangulum Follower Cities Prague and Sabadell. There was thus a test run in both cities where minimal required adaptations were identified and subsequently realised by Lyse AS. As a result, the Use Case Blink could be successfully replicated in both Prague and Sabadell!